Thursday, August 18, 2016

Gift Shops, Magazines, and Ezines


GIFT SHOP BROWSING


I just returned from a short trip that included a stop at a gift shop. There's something that may never change, and that is my love for visiting gift shops.  I'm a self-confessed gift-shop junkie 

One area of the gift shop I'm always drawn to is the magazine racks.  There is a magazine for almost every subject!  Yes, of course, we can read all types of information on the Internet, but one thing magazines do is provide gorgeous glossy pictures.  I'm a visual learner and artist, and pictures draw me in. 
They show me on-trend decor They are where I find most of my ideas for decorating.  They teach how to complete a craft.  Pictures show great depictions of cities and tourist destinations, allowing us to imagine them better than printed descriptions ever could.

WRITING TO SELL


It is still tedious querying to write for a magazine, but I'm happy when articles I've written have been purchased and used in online magazines.  


Articles can be purchased through Constant Content by anyone in need of an article. That might include:  website managers, magazine publishers, newspaper editors, and bloggers. 

My articles can be purchased under my 
pen name Joy R. Calderwood 
at http://www.constant-content.com/

You Provide the Photos 

I provide the article, and you provide the gorgeous glossy photo!  This is a writer's marriage made in heaven.

Of course with all the web content available, in real life hard-copy magazine purchases have taken a dip.  You might have noticed the resulting compensating price increase.  (I paid almost $20 for a magazine recently). Freelancers, photographers and printing companies still need to earn money to stay viable. If you purchase from one, plan to pay fair market value.

In my opinion, no matter what's on the Internet, there will always be a place for magazines in gift shops. 

No comments: